Hello

I'm Elaine, I'm a UK Pole Dance Instructor, teaching pole dancing in Surrey since 2005, and this is my Blog, where I put video-clips, pictures and articles as a resource for pole students (and sometimes just to let off steam, hehe). I try to post regularly, and would love to read any feedback so do post a comment.. Or add your email to get new posts. Enjoy :-)

Pole Dancing Pictures and Video Index


Monday 19 November 2007

Pole Showcase, The Flying Studio, Derby

This was an important evening for the pole industry as, thanks to the considerable efforts of Genevieve from The Flying Studio and Dana from Rock and Roll Pole, representatives from Equity were present. Equity have agreed to extend their services to pole dance professionals, meaning not only a wealth of practical benefits and support, but a huge step forward in having pole dancing recognised in a wider cultural sense as the valid and skilled art form that it is.

This was also a huge amount of fun, it was great to meet new faces known only from the internet (hello at last fellow Blogger and AP afficionado Glamourpuss) and learn some new tricks in the pole jam afterwards. I had a go on the rope - ladies, if you think 'pole burn' is painful, try sliding down a rope with bare skin. Ouch.

I filmed this for my Blog (it's me). Astoundingly, my camera actually worked.



My 'broken ankle' halfway through makes me wince every time I see it! Bah!

1 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Fabulous! I'm so glad I got to see your routine. I was gutted to miss it, pacing up and down backstage with my heart in my mouth as I was.

Lovely to meet you, too.

Puss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...