Hello

I'm Elaine, I'm a UK Pole Dance Instructor, teaching pole dancing in Surrey since 2005, and this is my Blog, where I put video-clips, pictures and articles as a resource for pole students (and sometimes just to let off steam, hehe). I try to post regularly, and would love to read any feedback so do post a comment.. Or add your email to get new posts. Enjoy :-)

Pole Dancing Pictures and Video Index


Thursday 19 February 2009

Visualisations to Help Pole Dancing Technique #1

I'm a fan of using mental visualisations to help carry out and hold the various moves correctly.

Here are a couple to start with, more later.


Roulette Wheel: for smooth round even spins.


Fairground Chairs: for the Carousel and Chair spins


Scissors: for Kicks and slices, eg Foward Kick, Scissors Hop


For Floowork and general Posture

Anyone else use similar mental pictures?! Let me know in the comments...

4 comments:

M@ said...

I imagine myself as the pole, rigid and erect, unyielding.

I never say anything and I do not judge.

Bert & Flo Handmade said...

Heheheheh.

OMG you've changed your profile pic.

Liked the DC post btw. That lady would make me throw.

Anonymous said...

I like to use the visual of a little kid swinging around a traffic sign for walking around the pole and a "rolly,polly bug" (real name sow bug, I think) for learning how to hoist yourself up for the basic inversion.

guy on a pole said...

I like to think of an egg timer (the sort that has two glass globes and sand pours from one to the other) to help me with inverts. I visualise pivoting on a centre point.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...