Hello

I'm Elaine, I'm a UK Pole Dance Instructor, teaching pole dancing in Surrey since 2005, and this is my Blog, where I put video-clips, pictures and articles as a resource for pole students (and sometimes just to let off steam, hehe). I try to post regularly, and would love to read any feedback so do post a comment.. Or add your email to get new posts. Enjoy :-)

Pole Dancing Pictures and Video Index


Tuesday 4 May 2010

Burlesque! - Interview with Scarlet Fever


As our Workshop with Burlesque Superstarlet Scarlet Fever is approaching VERY soon*, here's a little interview about all things Burlesque with the Lady herself......

Q...WHAT IS “BURLESQUE”?
Burlesque is the art of tease without the sleeze. Its also being able to be comfortable with yourself and your body allowing you to experss yourself in a cheeky seductive way. You dont need to be a size 0 as its all about enjoying your curves.

Q...IT SEEMS TO HAVE BECOME VERY POPULAR AGAIN RECENTLY, WHY DO YOU THINK THIS IS?
Burlesque has certainly taken a revival lately as people demand more from entertainment, they want value for money on a night out as well as that "feel good factor" The audience appreciate the cheeky fun side of burlesque and they definately love seeing real size women. Most mordern burlesque is cheeky cheesecake type routines bordering on carabet vaudaville humour. Nowadays Peoples tastes change as burlesque was once frowned upon, but now its far more accepted due to the fact its more understood now as an art form rather than something sleezy.

Q...HOW WOULD YOU RE-ASSURE A NERVOUS NEWCOMER ABOUT ATTENDING THEIR 1ST BURLESQUE CLASS?
The best way to reassure a newcomer is burlesque is all about fun, you are never expected to do anything you dont wish to do, You dont need to be a dancer as its slow and controled movements and all about taking your clothes off in the slowest time possible.There is no nudity.

Q...WHAT KIND OF THING IS TYPICALLY INVOLVED?
When undertaking a burlesque workshop you will learn classic burlesque moves such as removing stockings, shirts, gloves and silky robes, and also be able to try other props that can be used in a routine. There is also an opportunity to learn how to nipple tassel (this is not compulsary) You will to learn enough to be able to put a routine together yourselves and will be taught how to choose the music to accompany your new moves I will talk to students and explain how to select the correct corset size and also how to reconise what type of underwear best suits your shape.

Q...WOULD YOU SAY YOU’VE CHANGED PERSONALLY AS A RESULT OF DISCOVERING THE WORLD OF BURLESQUE? IF SO, HOW……
I have definately changed since taking up burlesque!! I was such a shy quiet person before and definately had no confidence, so much so it was affecting my social life and my relationship. I feel now although it took me a while i feel i can tackle anything. My confidence is sky high and i enjoy how it makes me feel. I enjoy the power of it all and my husband has certainly noticed the change in me. I was lucky that my introduction into burlesque came from a reality TV show which was definately a once in a lifetime experience, but its burlesque is something I would recomend to everyone.

QUICK-FIRE SCARLET FEVER QUESTIONS:

Q...Red, Pink, or Other?:
Red
Q...Kitten Heels or Stilettos?:
Stilettos
Q...Favourite Lingerie brand?:
Agent Provocateur
Q...Favourite Shop:
A designer shop near me called Aphrodite
Q...Favourite Perfume:
Ed Hardy
Q...Your Secret Guilty Pleasure:
Ferrero Rocher
Q...A Favourite Beauty Tip:
Never go to bed with your make up on!!! and always moisturise
Q...A Heroine / Inspiration:
Liza Minelli
Q...Naughty Or Nice!!:
Naughty

With many thanks to Scarlet Fever for taking part :-)

* Burlesque Workshop with Scarlet Fever is on Sat 15th May at 12.30-2.30pm at the Ivory Lounge, Sutton. There are still a couple of last minute places available, these can be booked online here. Hope to see you there x





Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...